SEDA SolarSchool Egypt
Photovoltaic Grid connected (ON-Grid) Systems design Course
Date: 16 Sept. - 19 Sept 2017
Participants need basic electrical knowledge (what is voltage, amperage, energy etc.)
This course will encompass sessions teach how to design and install a grid-connected PV system. This course will provide an overview of the three basic PV system applications, primarily focusing on grid-direct systems. The goal of the course is to create a fundamental understanding of the core concepts necessary to work with all PV systems, including: system components, site analysis, PV module criteria, mounting solutions, safety, and commissioning. The course will also cover the basics of sizing a residential grid-direct system, wire sizing, overcurrent protection, and grounding.
- Introduction to Renewable Energy
- Solar radiation and solar PV.
- Solar electricity and solar energy basics.
- Overview of the PV systems.
- Grid-tied system components:
- Photovoltaics, working theory, characteristics, operation, manufacturing and species.
- Grid-tied Inverter.
- Balance of components of the photoelectric systems (solar cable, structure, protection components, ground system, …etc).
- Exercise five experiments of PV cells on the training simulator unit.
- Site analysis.
- Egyptian code to connect to the network
- Design of Grid-tied photovoltaics system.
- Practical training on designing a tender for the solar power station.
Engineers, technicians, project developers, system providers, Independent Power Producers, grid operators
Who should attend
- Electrical / Mechanical Engineers
- SOLAR Industry professionals
- Facility managers
- Developers Technical Engineers
- Government agencies engineers
- Electromechanical Consultants
- Sustainability managers
- Engineering Students
- Suppliers to the construction industry
- Project managers engieers
Duration: 4 Days | 9:00 am - 5:00pm
Fee: L.E.2,400 per person