SEDA SolarSchool Egypt
Photovoltaic off-grid Systems Introductory Course
Date: 13 Jan. - 15 Jan 2015
Participants need basic electrical knowledge (what is voltage, amperage, energy etc.)
The course provides the technical knowledge and understanding of off-grid solar power systems. The participants will get an introduction in the electro technical basics, the functionality of PV systems including a first introduction into dimensioning of small off-grid PV systems (<2000W).The participants will get an introduction in the components and functionality of off-grid PV systems and learn how to design small scale off-grid PV systems.
Course objective (Applicability):
The course enables its participants to select suitable off-grid solutions for a specific costumer need and to design small scale off-grid PV systems (<2000 W).
- Overview of the worldwide renewable energy market, present situation, solar potential
- Overview of photovoltaic (PV) systems (stand-alone, grid-tied, back-up, farms), influence of climatic, geographical and physical conditions onto the performance of PV systems (introduction).
- Electro technical basics (series, parallel connection, current, voltage and their influence on yields, I-V-characteristic curve).
- Components of off-grid PV system - photovoltaic modules, inverters, batteries, charge regulators, cables.
- Introduction of off-grid PV systems (AC and DC).
- Principles and basic design of DC systems .
- Design of off-grid systems – Calculation example of DC systems.
- Introduction in the Installation of off-grid systems.
Students or professionals from the following fields: Heating and electrical contractors, energy consultants, engineers and architects, roofers and chimney sweep, marketing and administrative staff of photovoltaic companies and interested parties
Insert in our trained Directory.
- Invitation updates to any vacancy opening at SEDA members firms.
- Access to the private discussion area with SEDA experts and members.
Duration: 3 Days | 9:30am - 5pm
Fee: 1,550.00 L.E. per person (Price Includes Lunch, coffee Breaks and documentation )
Location : The Greek Campus, (OLD AUC Libarary Building) Down Town, Cairo
Certified SEDA Solar School